Some graduates may feel a bit overwhelmed with the career possibilities and choices available to them once they have completed the program and are in need of a little guidance. You can choose from a variety of work environments, doing full-time or part-time coaching, having your own coaching business, or working alongside other professionals first. Here are some options:
- Colleges and Universities: Although college-level sports teams can use Holistic Health Coaches, it’s not just the athletes who can benefit from your insights. Many colleges and universities use health professionals for students, faculty, and staff as a way to reduce stress and boost overall wellness for everyone on campus.
- Wellness Centers, Spas, and Gyms: As the interest in wellness and healthy lifestyle changes blossoms, the number of centers specializing in these services is growing—particularly at resorts and retreat organizations. Gyms also are expanding their offerings in order to stand out from competitors, and many offer more than just personal training.
- Corporations: Companies of every size are implementing employee wellness programs and offering incentives for healthy lifestyle changes such as smoking cessation, regular exercise, and health screenings.
- Weight Loss Programs: Even well-established diet programs have been making major changes in the past few years, moving away from restrictive plans in order to focus on healthy eating behaviors. Many have acknowledged that deprivation and overly rigid diet programs can lead to yo-yo weight issues that are ultimately unhealthy for clients. As these programs shift toward a better model, Holistic Health Coaches fit in beautifully.
- Training Centers: Holistic health coaches can be a strong addition to sports-specific training centers that cater to professional and amateur athletes. Often, those who are training need a range of strategies that don’t just encompass nutrition for optimal performance, but also stress management and recovery tactics.
- Own your own business: Some Holistic Health Coaches prefer to have their own businesses and consult on a regular basis different types of organizations. Some existing practices are looking to partner with holistic health professionals in order to offer more services to their clients and grow their network. With many options for where you could work as a Holistic Health Coach, you have the opportunity to keep expanding your business and optimizing your revenue sources, in addition to helping clients live their best lives.