A Holistic Health Coach is a trained professional who uses an integrative approach to both diet and lifestyle changes to improve their clients' health. Working as a guide toward an overall healthier life, they will look at their clients' nutrition patterns, relationships, physical fitness, spirituality, and more.
Holistic health coaches will generally meet with clients and conduct an initial interview, assess their current health, as well as observe any conditions that may present. During client-coaching relationship, a Holistic Health Coach will:
- Coach and educate clients about how to achieve and sustain good health, such as a daily routine involving whole, nutritious foods, exercise, stress management, and adequate sleep.
- Empower clients to achieve optimal health, for the present and the future, through addressing any imbalances caused by improper nutrition, lifestyle stressors, poor quality sleep, insufficient water, lack of exercise, and relaxation.
- Educate clients to evaluate their lifestyle choices and to identify and change any potential causes of ill health.
- Create healthy environments, conduct educational activities and demonstrations, and support clients in reaching their personal wellness objectives.
- Recognize when it is necessary to refer a client to his or her primary care physician for treatment and/or diagnosis.
Additionally, a Holistic Health Coach may provide counseling, talk therapy, and different methods of holistic wellness, such as healing touch or reiki. Finally, they will document the client’s progress and meet with them regularly to follow up on the client’s goals and where they stand in terms of meeting them. They may even provide some kind of blueprint or action plan that the client can follow, made up of small, attainable steps. Of course, they will also provide a ton of encouragement and support.